KITTED PCB ASSEMBLY SERVICES
This type of service is for a kitted job where you provide the printed circuit boards and all the board level components. We will assemble your boards using state-of-the-art PCB assembly equipment.
How to get a Kitted PCB Assembly QuoteYou can get a quote in a number of ways:
- Online Quote: Engineers prefer this method of quoting because they can a quote instantly. To get an online quote: a. From the home page click on the PCB Assembly Tab and select US or Offshore PCB Assembly.
- Offline Quote: Buyers sometimes prefer this method of quoting because they may not know the manufacturing specs. a. From the Quote & Order Menu select Offline Custom Quote.
- Email: You can also get a quote by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach all your files.
- Call us: Or you can call us at (800) 651-7250
b. Fill out quote form and click on the calculate button.
c. Add your quote to the Quote Cart by making a selection from the Price Matrix.
b. Fill out quote form and click on the submit button.
c. A quote will be emailed to you.
How to place a Kitted PCB Assembly OrderOpen your quote on the Quote Summary Page and click on the Checkout button. The checkout process consits of a Shipping Page where you can select a shipping method, a Payment Page where you can enter your credit card information and a Thank You Page with order information. The Quote Summary Page is typically accessed in one of the following ways:
- Quote Cart: You just finishing getting an online quote. You added your quote to the Quote Cart and clicked on the Order Now button.
- My Account You opened a quote from My Account by clicking on the quote number.
- Email: You received an email after saving an online quote or after submitting an offline quote. The email contains a quote and a Order Now button. You clicked on the Order Now button
Please combine the following files into a single ZIP file. Upload the file from the Quote Summary Page or email it to email@example.com. Make sure you put your order number in the subject field. Eg.: "Files for order AE######".
1. Bill Of Materials (BOM)
We can accept your BOM in a number of formats but we recommend that you use PCB Assembly Express BOM when building your BOM. Please be sure to set the 'Type' field to to the correct value and use DNS (do not stuff) for any components we will not be placing. Your BOM should include:
- Quantity of each part
- Reference designator
- Part number (Digi-Key, Mouser, Newark part numbers are okay)
- Part description
- Package description (QFN32, SOIC, 0805, etc. package is very helpful but not required).
- Type (SMT, Thru-Hole, Fine-pitch, BGA, etc.).
Please include all gerber files. At a minimum we need top and bottom silkscreen, copper and the solder paste layers.
It should include component locations, rotations and reference designators.
Review your Order & Send us your parts
- Review the PCB assembly Order Checklist
- Print out the PCB Assembly Express label sheet. There is a link to it on your My Account Page and in the confirmation email you received. This label has our address and your order number pre-printed, as well as all the component labels.
- If there are locations on your printed circuit boards that you do not want populated please make sure they are all marked DNS (Do Not Stuff) in the 'Type' field of the BOM.
- If you have changed anything since you submitted your files please send your updated files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If there are special instructions for this build please include all the details including assembly drawings or images where applicable.
- If there are electronics components or circuit boards coming from other locations please let us know each of the locations.
- Ship the package(s) to us using the pre-printed shipping labels.
If possible, keep your parts in the anti-static packaging and moisture-proof packaging that they came in (don't tape the parts strips to anything).
Make sure all of your parts are clearly labeled and that the labels match what you put in the BOM that you emailed to us. Using the supplied parts labels helps to ensure we get the right parts in the right places.
Our Assembly Process
There are a number of tasks that we must complete after you place your kitted PCB assembly order. These tasks include:
- Confirm the necessary files and order details.
- Order and receive the SMT paste stencil if necessary.
- Program our machines from the BOM and Centroid file, before the materials arrive.
- Materials are received in. Materials are audited before your job is run.
- If all materials are in before noon, the assembly clock starts that day. If after noon, the clock starts the next day.
- A SMT stencil and stencil printer are used to mechanically apply the paste.
- An automatic pick and place machine place the SMT components.
- A SMT reflow oven is used to reflow the solder onto the SMT components.
- BGA components are X-rayed to verify placement accuracy and to detect any solder bridges.
- Thru-hole parts are inserted by hand. They may also be wave soldered depending on the board layout.
- A final quality check is performed.
- The finished PC board assemblies and all extra materials are shipped back to you.